DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Bling! DIY Convertible Necklaces!


I am a necklace whor-...uh... hoarder
I don't collect much and don't like clutter (obviously), but when you're mostly a jeans and t-shirt girl like me, well, a little bling goes a long way!
HOWEVER, I don't like to spend a lot of money on my accessories and I had a brilliant idea!
Convertible necklaces pendents! 
One necklace chain and an endless selection of pendents! I found everything I needed at Hobby Lobby and their jewelry parts just so happened to be 50% off. Score.

Here's how to do it, you will need:
- lobster clasps
- necklace chain of your choice
-pendents
- 2 sets of pliers

1. Separate the large lobster clasp from the small connector piece, discard small piece (on left) or save for later.


2. The end of your pendent or charm should already have a ring connector attached to the end. Using both pliers separate the opening by twisting. DO NOT pull apart as it will not go back close enough again. Twisting allows the ends of the circle to stay aligned but open.


3. Slide the small circle end into the hoop and twist close.  If you have two ends (like the one below) repeat on other side.


4. You now have an interchangeable pendent piece for your necklace chain!


5. Attach to chain any way you like! This coast me no more than $3 to make and it looks fabulous! 


Enjoy making your own blingery my friends!
A fancy necklace is always a great way to dress up a t-shirt!

Don't forget to let me know what you think and if you'd like, share your creations below!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment