DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

DIY Door Bumper: BRILLIANT!

For all you mommies out there, we all worry about our little ones smashing their fingers in a door. We also hate that *click* sound the door makes when we check on our children at night with the great dread of waking our children from their slumber: THE HORROR!  

Well, here's my solution:


The pool noodle is extremely versatile is it not?! So far you've already seen me use it as a wreath form, and now this?! The possibilities are seemingly endless!

Here's what you'll need:

- 1 pool noddle (dollar store!)
- Serrated bread knife


1. Cut the pool noodle to size.  For one door bumper, cut one 6-inch piece off the pool noodle (see photo above)

2. Cut down one side of the foam, creating a slit down one entire side.

3. Slip over the edge of your door! 


How awesome is that?!  You don't even have to be crafty or creative to make these things!  I have them on every interior door of my house.  It's really nice knowing my children wont smoosh their little fingers OR lock me out of a room.

Please like and comment below with your thoughts or experience with these bumpers!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of this. It would most likely cut down the noise Ahne makes when she slams her door. LOL I might mention you in my blog so you can get more followers if that's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete