DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

In the Eye of the Pie holder: Best Apple Pie, Like Ever!

Ok, so I know I have some good ideas, but this is one of my favorites.  It's years in the making and because my sister requested a "vegetarian" dish, I will oblige...

BEST FREAKIN' APPLE PIE!


Ha!Ha! How do you like them apples...get it?!  

Now I'm not knocking vegetarianism.
I just like meat. And pie.

Ok, Let's rock your world:



Ingredients:

*Pie filling*
-9 inch pie shell
- 4 to 5 Granny Smith Apples (yes it matters!)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbs. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Allspice 

*Crumble Topping*
- 4 Tbs. Unsalted Butter, melted.
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- Pinch Cinnamon and Nutmeg

Directions:

1. Peal and slice your apples as thin as you can get: the thinner the better! Pre-heat oven to 375*.

2. Combine flour, sugar and spices in a bowl, then mix into the apples and coat completely (see below).

3. Put apple filling into pie shell. They may seem like they will not all fit but pack them in, they'll cook down.


4. Combine all crumble ingredients until, well, crumbly.  Cover the entire top of the pie with the crumble.


5. Cover pie loosely with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes.


6. Remove tinfoil and bake for another 30 minutes.

Your house should smell amazing by now! Calories are being absorbed via osmosis.

7. Let the pie cool on a rack completely then let it set up in fridge for an hour.  I know you'll want to dig in right away but it may be a little runny. Letting it sit in the fridge really lets it come together!  


Slice, warm up and serve with cool whip...OMG YOU'RE WELCOME.

I have been perfecting this recipe for years and every choice I made about this pie makes it amazing!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment