DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Inspired Tacos de Bistec: Steak Street Tacos!

I am not Mexican.  
Few, got that out of the way!  
So I may not be Mexican but my taste buds wish I was and my loco cooking skills are trying really hard to be!  I promised something tasty to put those yummy pickled onions on top of and here it is!

Tacos de Bistec!


They're steak street tacos and inspired by my trip to the food truck park.  These little tacos embrace everything that Mexican food means to me: simple, fresh and flavorful: YUM!

Lets go!:

Tacos De Bistec: Steak Street Tacos:

Ingredients:
2-ish lbs sirloin or ribeye steak, cut into thin, small cubes
½ tsp Adolph’s meat tenderizer
½ One lime, juiced
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ tsp Cumin
Corn Tortillas, store bought (anything that says local, fresh, handmade) or home made (like I said, I'm not Mexican)

Toppings:
Cilantro
Pickled Red Onion
Avocado
Sour Cream or Mexican Crema
Lime wedges, if desired
Choice of salsa (I used salsa verde)

DIRECTIONS:

1.   Cut steak into thin strips, cube the steak and place in a bowl.  Combine with diced yellow onion, fresh lime juice, cumin and Adolphs.  Let marinate at room temp for 15 minutes.

2.       Cook steak in skillet on medium heat until all the juices that accumulate have evaporated, 12-15 minutes. Set to the side, keep warm.

3.       Warm tortillas on a skillet per package directions, usually 20-30 seconds per side.

4.       Layer sour cream, avocado, steak, salsa, pickled onion and cilantro. Makes 8 tacos

Serve with lime wedges and ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment