DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sparkle Clause & the 12 Crafts of Christmas: #2, St. Nicholas Tag!

   

     St. Nicholas Tag is celebrated the night of December 5th, the eve of St. Nicholas Day.  As the tradition goes, you place your shoe by the door before you go to bed in hope that, if you were good, St. Nicholas will place a treat in your shoe (or a piece of coal if you were bad!). My sister used to put her rain boots by the door with hopes that she would get more treats! St. Nicholas was the precursor to Santa Clause and rode a horse instead of a sleigh pulled by reindeer. In my family this tradition was passed down to me from my mom, my Omi before her and so on. It is for sure a wonderful way to start the Christmas season!






I hope you were good, I would hate to see reports of coal in your shoes!


Merry Crafting!

1 comment: