DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sparkle Clause & the 12 Crafts of Christmas: #12, Santa's Magical Key!

Merry Christmas Everyone!  I wanted to end this marathon blogging with the piece de resistance
Santa's Magical Key!  
I've seen a couple of these on Pinterest and I adore this idea since we have continuously lived in homes with no chimney to speak of.  I loved THIS one the most because it had the best poem and so I'm totally ripping it off using it (imitation is the highest form of flattery right?!).

Here's what you'll need:

-A vintage looking key 
- Wood plaque 
- Paint pens
- Paints in Christmas colors
- Wire edged ribbon
- Paint brush
-Staples or nails



I got all my items at Hobby Lobby including the key!  Now my key and plaque are HUGE, but yours does not need to be. I just felt the large scale felt more magical!

1. Paint the plaque: I painted mine green with basic acrylic paint, however you can use spray paint too and use any color you like (or happen to have on hand like me!). Let dry.


2.  Using your paint pen write on your poem:

Dear Santa,

We have no chimney as you can see,
So please just use this magic key,
To leave the gifts under the tree!

Love,
The Williams Family


NOTE: insert your family name: how awkward would it be to put on the wrong name for Santa?!

3. Nail/Staple the ribbon to the back of the plaque so it can hang from the door knob. The ribbon shouldn't be too long, about 18 inches at most:


4. Tie the key onto one side of the hanging ribbon (below, left).  I also made my bow all fancy, but it's not necessary (bottom, right).

      

Now you're ready to let Santa in!

I hope you have enjoyed these crafts as much as I have,
So have yourselves a Merry little Christmas and a wondrous New Year!

Merry Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment