DomestiKated {101}



With all those pieces flying around in our lives it's fun to unwind and embrace your creative self! Craft ideas, tutorials, helpful hints, tips tricks and maybe even a recipe or two will be here for you, tickled pink to tantalize your creativity!

Wife*Military-Spouse*Mom*Full-time-student*Domestic-goddess*Martha-Stewart-I'm-Coming-for-you!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

DIY No-Sew Fall Table Runner!


     Adding to our seasonal decorating dilemma,  let's not forget the dining area!  Burlap fabric is so in right now which makes us cheap/poor/broke people very happy because it's super inexpensive.  I chose to stick with my preference of non-traditional colors that are still obviously fall. However, you may choose any burlap that you like because this cheap stuff now comes in an array of colors! So here's my tutorial for an incredibly easy and great looking addition to your festive home!


You will need:
-Hot glue gun
- 1 large piece (base) burlap, the length of your table plus 1 foot
- 1 coordinating/contrasting (top) piece of burlap, same length as above
- 2 spools of lace or ribbon

**Helpful tip: get 1 yard of your base burlap and cut it length wise into thirds. You only need 2 out of the 3 pieces for a large table like mine.  Save the extra piece for later crafts or create a mini table runner for a console table! For the coordinating top piece of burlap, most craft stores sell these colorful pieces in 6-inch wide rolls.

1.  If you used my helpful tip you have 2 base pieces that need to be attached together.  Lay them end to end on your table and overlap. Now look at the overhang and adjust that overhang to your desired length by either overlapping your burlap more or less.  Use your judgement but my ends overhang my table by 6-inches on either side.  My middle overlap is overlapped by about 3 inches.  Here's the best part: hot glue that sucker together with a quick zig-zag of glue!  *Don't use too much glue because burlap is very porous and you don't want it sticking to the solid surface underneath* 

2. Using the same hot-glue technique, glue down your coordinating burlap strip to the full length of the bottom piece 

3. Last but not least: the pretties!  Hot-glue down your ribbon/lace around the entire border of the coordinating burlap and voila! DONE!


I think this entire craft cost me around $6 and I got 2 runners our of it all! I just love adding a punch of pizzazz to my sometimes lacking dining space!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment